Add / edit an attachment description after upload
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
Presently there is no way to add or edit an attachment's description without downloading the file, deleting the attachment and re-attaching the file. An option to simply edit the exiting attachment's description or provide one if absent would be most useful.
I point out that projects imported from trac have all of the attachment descriptions removed. Requiring that the files themselves be downloaded from redmine, deleted and then uploaded again simply to add the descriptions increases the amount of conversion work considerably.
I agree, being able to edit descriptions can be usefull.
I point out that projects imported from trac have all of the attachment descriptions removed.
Trac attachment descriptions are now migrated (r1477). Thanks for pointing out this lack.
- Target version deleted (
Is there any estimate as to when this feature might be added?
- Category changed from Wiki to Attachments
- Target version set to Candidate for next major release
This would be handy. Sometimes you need to edit description.
Would be simple and quite useful. Could you pleas implement this? I always have to play directly with the database do correct or post-add descriptions.
- Related to Feature #3151: Ability to edit file descriptions after they have been uploaded added
- Subject changed from Provide means to add / edit an attachment description. to Add / edit an attachment description after upload
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
- Target version changed from Candidate for next major release to 3.0.0
- Resolution set to Fixed
- Related to deleted (Feature #3151: Ability to edit file descriptions after they have been uploaded)
- Duplicated by Feature #4606: Move/rename attachments in issues added
- Related to Defect #9383: Allow manage attachment(s) before submit added
- Duplicated by Feature #3924: Shoud be able to modify the filename and it's description and remove the file which user upload in the Wiki. added
Hi, sorry this is an old feature that seems to be added to redmine , but I can't figure out how to edit my uploaded attechments ... Any help appreciated ... I am using redmine 4.0.5.stable
Also available in: Atom