diffs for editions of issue/notes entries
It should be possible to see what changes had been done to the issue/note if someone edited it after it was already created.
If I edit issue description there is a diff entry generated. But if I edit the note itself there is no info that the note was edited.
#4 Updated by S B almost 7 years ago
- I understand that the ability to edit the notes is from #527, #585 and #627.
- This edition of the notes permits to modify a note in case of mistake without having other entry in the log of history.
- As a consequence, having an history on the edition of a note is contradictory with the ability to edit in the current model of Redmine.
- adapt to the note the system of history that belongs to the wiki
- so we can have a link "History" next to the buttons "Quote" and "Modify"
#15 Updated by Anonymous over 3 years ago
+1 but only to indicate the message as "Edited" and show when it was edited, but maybe not to log the history of the edits of each message changes. They are usually not really necessary to store and it would generally be more rubbish to fill the database with.
However a mechanism which could be implemented on the front-end which could save the fields of an not yet posted form as real-time draft into the local storage and then read on next reload would be amazing.