Re-implement admin project list using ProjectQuery system
This would be nice to have now that #29482 is introduced. It seems an issue for this separate task isn't yet available, so I'll create it hereby.
Updated by Takenori TAKAKI over 2 years ago
- File project-query-available-on-admin-project-list.png project-query-available-on-admin-project-list.png added
- File project-query-available-on-admin-project-list.patch project-query-available-on-admin-project-list.patch added
I made a patch to allow ProjectQuery filters on the admin project list and attach it.
After applying the patch, ProjectQuery will be available on admin project list as shown in the screenshot below.
Updated by Jens Krämer almost 2 years ago
- File 0003-background-job-for-project-deletion.patch 0003-background-job-for-project-deletion.patch added
- File 0002-Adds-context-menu-to-admin-projects-list.patch 0002-Adds-context-menu-to-admin-projects-list.patch added
- File 0001-ProjectQuery-filters-on-the-admin-project-list.patch 0001-ProjectQuery-filters-on-the-admin-project-list.patch added
- File 0004-projects-bulk-delete.patch 0004-projects-bulk-delete.patch added
Thank you for that patch!
We recently did some work on that Admin projects list at Planio and will be rolling out this feature soon.
I've rebased the original patch and fixed some Rubocop offenses, this is patch 0001 of the attached series. The second patch adds a context menu to the admin projects listing, replacing the last column of action links with the triple dot link and adding multi-select capability with checkboxes, just like in the issues list. The third patch introduces a background job for project deletion (this is basically the same as submitted in #36691). I included it here because the fourth patch, which introduces deletion of multiple selected projects at once, depends on this one.
Updated by Alexander Meindl almost 2 years ago
just my opinion to it: I would drop admin list in admin area completely and move additional admin tasks to the project query list. This would be a solution without redundant information and functions. If I am a user with admin permissions, I would expect to run all operations in my project list. No switching between one admin list to the other list would be required (which looks almost identically).
Technical view: with this patch we have a lot of if/else condition everywhere (views and helpers). One list would be a much cleaner approach.
Just for interest: what do you (other people here on redmine.org) think about this implementation?
PS: of course with this patch it is a better solution as before, but in my opinion in the wrong direction
Updated by Bernhard Rohloff almost 2 years ago
I'm also in favor of Alexander Meindl's proposal. IMHO it doesn't make sense to have two different views and entry points. As an administrator, copying template projects is one of my main tasks. It would be so nice if I could just do it from the normal projects view.