Replying to an issue should automatically add the user to the watchers list
|Target version:||Candidate for next major release|
When an user replies to an issue, he/she is definatelly interested in it, so I think that it is natural to add him/her to watchers list automatically, so he/she could obtain notification e-mails.
#2 Updated by Felix Schäfer over 10 years ago
Well, I wouldn't mind being made watcher by default, as is already the case for the forum, but I'm not sure that would fly for everyone. On the other hand, I'm not sure if it should be an option for every response or comment you give, because most of the time, you have a personal default for such things. What about making it a user preference, i.e. "I want to watch Issues and Forum Threads to which I respond" or something like that?
#4 Updated by Robert Chady over 10 years ago
FYI, I wrote a plugin called auto_watchers that almost does this for you. It currently adds people that the issue gets assigned to OR any person that modifies the issue as watchers. It is available on my github account at http://github.com/rchady. No promises on it, but for my use it has been working well. Personally, I feel that features like this one should be kept in a plugin rather than added to the core, just my $.02.
#9 Updated by Adam Piotr Żochowski about 10 years ago
Allow this to be a triple setup
- Per whole system (any reply becomes watcher)
- Per project (only replies to specific projects make a person a watcher)
- per person (only people that want to be watchers on a reply become watchers)
Different people/projects might operate on different setups.
#18 Updated by Tobias Fischer almost 4 years ago
# And wrote in #2716-12:
Try it out: https://github.com/logical-and/redmine_auto_watch. Watchers added on issue update and issue create from: author, assignee, previous assignee if any.
I can confirm that the forked and enhanced version of this plugin which can be found at https://github.com/mephi-ut/redmine_auto_watch works very well for Redmine 3.3.1
#20 Updated by Takenori TAKAKI over 1 year ago
- File my-account.png added
- File users-new.png added
- File enable-to-setting-auto-watch-by-account.patch added
- User is added as a watcher automatically, When adding a comment to an issue.
- Enable to select "Auto watch" ON / OFF on Account Settings (Default is ON).
- When adding a feature, the existing users's setting is OFF, and After adding a feature, the newly created user's setting is ON by default.
I made a patch and attach it.